Thursday, November 10, 2016

Future

No more than five minutes ago as I'm walking back to my dorm after getting a late lunch, I catch myself walking on the curb. Partaking in that same little balance act I would do as I was a kid. Because in a child's mind, just about every curb is a perfect balance beam. And then it got me thinking; thinking enough that I stopped at the closest bench, pulled out my laptop, and began to write. 

I am so proud of how far I have come. As a child, I had this perfect plan of how my life would turn out- High School, College, Seminary, then a church. Piece of cake. Well, I've learned the hard way that it's not always that easy. There are struggles in life- some greater than others. Three years of High School feels like a lifetime. Seminary feels like it is never going to come. And landing a job seems impossible. But, if I can make it through every minute, then I can make it through each day, each month, each year. There is a future for me. Just take each minute as it comes. 

You have a future too. Whether you are 10 or 100, there is a future for you. There are going to be rough patches in life, remember we all have scars. But finding peace among the scars is the most important part. Remember your future and take each minute as it comes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment