Thursday, September 22, 2016

My First Blog

Wow... my first real blog post.

Darkness covers the sky and I hear the creatures humming. The cool fall breeze is finally settling in and I had to throw on my sweatshirt. I am stumbling with the right words to say to begin this post, but I know they will come to me.

Scars are a peace of us all. Do not correct my grammar; I know I used the wrong form of "peace". Yes, that is for a purpose. Scars can be a sign of peace.

"Preach from your scars, not your open wounds" (Nadia Bolz-Weber).
Nadia is a pastor in the ELCA, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. She has written two books and I have attended two of her book talks in Philly. But why this quote out of everything she says? Because this is most prevalent in my life. From the moment those words came out of her mouth, they stuck. I have many scars and many wounds, but the scars are the ones I will talk about. When the wounds are healed I will tell you about the rest.

Over this past summer I began to write an autobiography, and I want to share part of the preface with you:
"This is my story. 
I am just human. I live my life day by day. I have been hurt; I am broken; I am not perfect. I AM beautiful. I am extraordinary. I am fabulous. I am a child of God. 
I’ve lost friends; I’ve gained friends. I’ve lost family; I’ve gained family. I’ve died; I’ve lived. This is my life; my story."
I have many scars- from bug bites to stretch marks and even cut marks- but I have begun to find peace in my scars. I have begun to find healing; not just physically, but emotionally. There is hope. You have life, we all do. So, I hope for this blog to be an uplifter for your day. To remind you that you are NEVER alone, no matter the circumstances. To give you joy, peace, healing, and comfort.

I will share bits and pieces of my story, but I encourage you to share yours as well.
I will end with one of my favorite quotes:
"We live with the scars we choose."
Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment