Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Amidst the Shit

We all go through shit in our life. We do; it's the truth. 

I have no idea what shit you are struggling with right now. You have no idea what shit your co-worker is struggling with, your neighbor, your friend, even sometimes someone in your own family. So, who are you to judge? 

Amidst the shit that comes into our lives, we all react differently. Some react with strength and take it head on. Others react with fear, or feel powerless. Some react with anger or hatred. No matter how you react, no matter what shit you struggle with, there is one key thing to remember...

IT DOES NOT DEFINE YOU.
This week has been one of those weeks for me. I cannot say it has been terrible, but it has also not been amazing. I have been struggling with shit this week. Shit that deals with my PTSD. I have been triggered in classes at school, felt powerless in certain situations, and reacted with anger. But, I am not letting the cause of my PTSD define me. It was one thing that happened in my life; a shitty situation that happened over time. I still have my whole life to live...and I am going to fucking live it!

So, needless to say... we all struggle. Not everyday is going to be a good day, but there is always at least one thing that is good in everyday. Learn to find the joy amidst the shit; comfort amidst the shit; peace amidst the shit.

Just because you have scars (whether they are physical or not) does not mean they define you. You choose what you want to define YOU. Be unique. Be yourself. Just simply be you.




No comments:

Post a Comment