Saturday, October 1, 2016

Your Blank Canvas

Write a sentence...delete; repeat. That is how I feel right now. I have a blank canvas. A blank space to write whatever I want, to share whatever I want, and yet I do not know what to say. The bright, white screen glows in the dark room. This is my blank canvas; my new start; my fresh start. Here is your opportunity- your blank canvas; grab a brush and paint your life. 

What is on your canvas?
Is it abstract or realistic? What medium? Think about it. What does your life look like at this moment? But, then think about it in the future. What are your life goals?

I had this conversation with Carrie today about our life goals. I listed my three- to change the church, open my own counseling practice, and/or be an advocate for suicide prevention. But, in order to get to those goals, there is a lot of work I have to do first. I have to make it through college and seminary. Get a real job and work my way up to the bigger jobs. Someday I will get there. It just takes work. A painting doesn't happen in five minutes, especially large ones. Be patient; breathe.

Sometimes we get too tied up in one section of our life. One fragment, one argument, one test score, one long day, that does not even matter in the big picture. Remember what you are painting. Remember your goal. Remember who you are.

The rest of this is blank. So, begin your story, begin your life. What's holding you back?

No comments:

Post a Comment