Friday, October 7, 2016

Determination

I exit out of the game on my phone and pull up my blog. Time to write, although the game I was playing is so addicting. It is called "stack". The goal of the game is to see how many blocks you can stack on top of each other without missing. For every ten blocks stacked you get a coin. After 200 coins you can trade it in for a new color or design of the blocks. It's a fun game to play if you're bored. But why am I telling you this? There is a point here.

It is a pain in the ass to reach 200 coins, it takes time and patience. I just reached 200 yesterday and I thought today as I was playing, "great, now I have to start all over. Reach 200 again." I didn't want to start over. I didn't want to begin again. But sometimes that is what we have to do. 

Life isn't always going to be easy. There are going to be twists and turns. You have to be determined. Sometimes, you have to start over. That is okay. Begin again and keep your head up. A struggle is only a new opportunity awaiting. 

I have been waiting to get a service dog. So many times organizations fell through for me. Finally I think I may be getting one. I am going to visit the pup tomorrow to see if he is a good fit for me. If he is not, then I will begin again. Will I be upset? Yes. But, I will just start collecting those 200 coins again, so to speak. It is not the end of the world. 

It is okay if you have to start fresh. It is okay to struggle. Sometimes a clean slate is what we all need. But, never give up your determination.


No comments:

Post a Comment