Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Be Still

Yet again, I stare at my blank screen wondering what to type. I reflect on this week and think of what wisdom I can pull from it. I am left with nothing. I write when I need to; I write as a coping mechanism and I have not needed to this week. So, now that I am left with not knowing what to say and I feel like there is something wrong with me. But, there is nothing wrong. It is okay to just be still. It is okay to not know what to say. I am allowed to have a good week.

We all need time to breathe. Time to reflect on our life and how far we have come. Whatever struggles you are going through right now or have gone through in the past, they do not matter right now. Just stop. Take a deep breath. Now another one. And a third. You've made it this far and you will continue to make it. Just relax. Focus on the good in life. Take time to be still.

I forget to do this often. I forget to focus on the good, to relax, and to be still. So I got the words "be still" tattooed on my left wrist. Ever since then I have stopped cutting. When I am depressed I look at that. It brings me back to reality. It is two simple words that mean so much. There is more behind the meaning of my tattoo, but that I will share later. The point of this is to remind you that it is okay to take personal time. You are allowed to get away and be still.

So, put down the phone, take a walk, look at God's beautiful creation and be still. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment