Saturday, October 8, 2016

Anxiety


6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4: 6-7

Anxiety. It sucks.

Being worried about the future or life in general, not being able to make decisions, not being able to focus, feeling like you can not breath or sleep, sweating, getting nauseous, the list could go on and on. Anxiety sucks.

Maybe you suffer from it, maybe you do not. I am no doctor and I am not here to treat you; I am here to give you words of encouragement. You will make it.

What? You don't believe me? Hell, I don't believe myself some days. You will make it.
How will I make it? When will I make it?

It doesn't feel like I will make it when anxiety has taken over my body and I cannot focus, feel like I am going to puke, cannot do anything. I understand that feeling. Trust me.

But, one day you will make it. I will make it. Why? Because there are always others there supporting you, praying for you, and helping you. You may not always see them, but they are there. And you know who else is always there for you? God. He will never leave you. The peace of God is always in your heart. He will comfort you and protect you.

So, you will make it. I am not saying to not be anxious, because it is something we all naturally do. I am saying to know you will make it through and that things will work out. Trust in God. Believe you can and you will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment