Saturday, September 24, 2016

Where is peace?

"What is one word you would use to describe how you feel right now?"
"Peace." Carrie responded.
"I completely agree with you."

This was part of our conversation last night while we sat around the warmth of the campfire. With the bright flames reflecting off of our eyes and into the darkness of the sky we both talked in peace.

Scars are a peace of us all. Maybe you do not have any physically scars, but I know everyone has emotional scars. Everyone has baggage, a burden, something they are scared to tell others, something they struggle with, or something they are worried about. What is your scar or scars?

The point of peace is to find that time, that place, that moment, when all your scars seem to dissipate. You do not have to worry about them or anything for that matter. All you have to worry about is being in the moment. Enjoy life and the people you are with. Relax. Breath.

I found my peace last night sitting around the campfire at Knoebels with Carrie. I let all of my scars go - my worries about school, about where I belong, about my future. That was my peace.

Where do you find peace? What does peace mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment